miDiagnostics is a tech start-up that develops a radically new diagnostic platform for near-patient testing that overcomes the limitations of current decentralized rapid testing: combining affordability with the simultaneous measurement of a large number of biomarkers to provide an actionable answer to the treating physician. At the heart of the miDiagnostics platform is a nanoFluidic Processor (nFP), a silicon chip that controls all required liquid manipulations fully passively, removing the need for complex and costly instrumentation. Our nFP leverages existing large-scale semiconductor manufacturing processes and tools. In its final form factor, the nanoFluidic Processor is embedded into a plastic test card with on-board reagents, the size of a credit card, and is being read out by a compact reader.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in silicon process integration, who is familiar with process and module step development, and capable of managing device integration projects involving close collaboration with designers and characterization engineers. For our diagnostics products we seek candidates capable of building and analysing complex integration flows involving either CMOS or MEMS process steps. Good communication skills and experience in collaborating within a multidisciplinary team including design, system and application engineers and biologists are essential.
In this role, we expect the successful candidate to:
- Manage and steer the research and development activities of the nanoFluidic Processor
- Collaborate within the larger miDiagnostics product development team and cascade system level requirements into silicon device specifications
- Manage and work collaboratively with R&D and foundry partners to develop device integration flow(s)
- Analyse in-line and end-of-line metrology and characterization data to drive decision making and prioritization
- Identify process integration technical risks and proactively seek mitigation strategies while keeping in mind the connection to other system components and overall project goals
- Manage timeline and resources according to agreed development plan
- Clearly communicate towards product development team, senior management, and technical partners regarding technical status, issues, and planning
- Adapt quickly to new technical challenges or business requirements
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects
Profile and competences
- You have a Master’s or preferably a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- You have at least 10 years of working experience in semiconductor process integration in an industrial context
- You have experience in working in a product development environment involving both research and development activities. Experience with life sciences products is a plus.
- You have experience in 200mm process technology, with good knowledge in the deposition, etch, cmp, and lithography areas
- You have experience in managing technical teams, external contractors, and/or supply chain partners
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- You have excellent communication skills
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this opportunity.