Smart Highway Program Manager
The Smart Highway Program
We are not yet in the era of flying cars, but connected and autonomous mobility is becoming reality. A lot of research is being done worldwide, to reduce time spent in traffic jams, to radically eradicate road accidents dominating our news every day. Imec, along with its partners, is not only researching cutting edge technology for connected and autonomous mobility, but it is also taking the lead in an ambitious “Smart Highway” testbed, for large scale, real life and real time testing of the latest technologies. And to lead this program, imec is looking for a program manager.
As a Program Manager you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, follow-up and completion of various projects while ensuring consistency with the overall Smart Highway program strategy, commitments and goals.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Define individual project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders including senior management.
- Maintain overview and manage interdependencies between all projects and activities.
- Determine resource requirements (time, budget, staff etc.) and allocate them over the various projects & activities.
- Develop detailed project plan to track progress and maintain a program overview for management.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the projects will be evaluated and how they contribute to the program’s overall success.
- Coordinate internal resources and sub-contractors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, sub-contractors and staff as to the project’s and program’s progress.
- Manage and maintain the relationship between imec and its Smart Highway, City of Things and Smart Flanders partners.
- Coordinate relationships between the Smart Highway program and relevant industrial partners, in particular but not limited to the automotive and the telecom sectors, and this in close collaboration with the business development team.
- Measure project performance by appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management on both project and program level.
The Smart Highway program has strong synergies with imec’s City of Things initiative. You will be embedded in the City of Things team, and will report to the Director of City of Things.
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an engineering, technical or scientific domain.
- Proven relevant experience in leading innovative projects in public and private sector.
- Experience (with innovation) in the automotive sector, and preferably also in the telecommunications sector.
- Mastering project management methodologies like PMP/Prince II or proven experience with Agile project management is a plus.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: Manages multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent communicator: Shares knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity.
- Stakeholder-driven and customer focused: Encourages a highly collaborative team environment and actively engages with all major stakeholders.
- Result & timeline oriented: Drives projects to closure and manages many simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.