UgenTec is an international and fast-growing bioinformatics company specialized in the development of diagnostics software for PCR based DNA interpretation and analysis. The UgenTec software solution is situated on the challenging crossroad between IT and biotechnology, directly aimed at laboratories and biotech companies in the market of clinical diagnostics. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in this market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission.
The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus where a growing team of highly motivated talents is working on further bringing this promising solution to the global market. Moving quickly from a spin-off to startup to an international enterprise in the future, working for UgenTec will be both a challenging and a huge opportunity.
You join our development team in making the envisioned FastFinder platform a reality. This means participating in the complete software development lifecycle of our products. We have a high pace where you’ll learn and grow quickly. Depending on your personal drive and experience, you’ll be able to claim responsibilities and projects as you grow.
- You are an outstanding and passionate software developer that likes to go the extra mile, and expect your colleagues to do the same. Showing initiative with a sense of responsibility is your second nature.
- You always look for the best solutions and like to promote your ideas to the rest of the team, so that we all can become better at what we do.
- You are at least familiar or interested in some of the following: C#, .NET 4.6, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, API design, Microservices, OAuth2, Microsoft Azure, DevOps, SQL Server, AngularJS, NoSQL, Docker, Python, machine learning.
- We have a broad software stack that is constantly evolving, and we’ll definitely have parts where you’ll instantly feel at ease. But rather we’d like you to step outside of your comfort zone and deliver things you’re proud of.
- You feel comfortable with the “Agile way of working” and are happy to work in a scrum environment. You’re also happy to drink champagne if required.
UgenTec stands for a stimulating startup atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. We especially pay attention to keeping up our open communication even as we grow, with the natural desire to exchange views and ideas within our team.
We offer a fascinating role with continuous learning in an international environment where you will have the possibility to grow and shape a software solution right from the start. We combine state of the art data science with cutting edge technology in a streamlined development process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and come over to have chat with one of our developers.