Software Product Development Engineer (Medical Vision Applications)
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
MiDiagnostics is a unique life science venture combining the know-how and technical expertise of researchers at imec (Leuven, Belgium) and The Johns Hopkins University. We are developing tests that require only drops of blood and allow on-chip detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Test data are collected, processed and displayed as structured results on any smartphone, tablet or laptop within minutes, enabling medical decisions to occur with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers. Currently we are building our team and are looking for a software engineer.
As a developer you will be responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of our key imaging-based algorithms. Your main assignment will be to productize the prototype research algorithms that can eventually run on various platforms like laptop, mobile devices and also in the cloud. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers (electronics, electrical, optica, bio), bio-physicists, fluidic designers, interface developers and other imaging specialists.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implementation, testing and documentation of imaging-based algorithms
- Optimize the prototype image processing & computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (laptop/mobile/cloud)
- Create professional user manuals and documentation
- Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI & other software elements
- Contribute to roadmap of software developments
- Interact with research and product development teams
- Create and maintain key software specifications and key documentation relevant for regulatory approvals
- We are looking for a senior software developer/engineer with a strong background in developing products and services for (biomedical) imaging based applications in the domain of point-of-care healthcare devices.
- We value your Professional Master’s degree in Informatics and your 5+ years of experience in software product development, preferentially in a diagnostic or medical domain.
- We look forward to your knowledge of image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques.
- You enjoy optimizing image processing & computer vision algorithms for GPU platforms (CUDA). Standard product development languages, in particular C/C++ have no secrets for you and are capable of learning a new programming languages.
- You are familiar with defining APIs and developing software architectures.
- Your experience with Python/Matlab, standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. Open CV), cloud processing, big data or web technologies, point-of-care medical devices and interest about regulations for biomedical software (GDPR, HIPAA) or considered plusses.
- Your structured, precise and detail-oriented way of working are success factors .
- Your attention to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness are a great asset to us.
- You are a self-motivated and customer-oriented team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
- You are able to travel about 20% of your time.
We offer you a challenging position in an ambitious life-sciences start-up. This is your opportunity to make a difference. You can help us bringing a revolutionary device that will change the life of people on the market. You can take initiatives and help our company grow successfully.
We offer an attractive salary added with a hospitalization insurance and a bonus.