Student project: imec – Design of ECG simulator
What you will do
In this project, you will design an ECG simulator in
software. The goal of this simulator is to provide testing and validation data
for algorithms such as beat detection, ECG derived respiration and motion
You will start by performing a literature review and understand the requirements for the ECG simulator. The next step is then to get a deep understanding of the electrical heart activity, and how this heart activity is influenced under various heart conditions and artifacts.
You will propose for the architecture and sub-systems, and implement (parts of) it.
- Study the problem and provide a state-of-the-art analysis of existing solutions and a literature review.
- Algorithm and model development.
- Deliver documented code.
- Write technical documentation and present the results.
What we do for you
By joining the Health Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
Who you are
- You are a Msc student in Biomedical Engineering / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering.
- You are available for a period of 9-12 months.
- Basic knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Followed courses on signal processing, algorithm development, and human physiology.
- Interested in biomedical instrumentation.
- Interested in (simulating) cardiac abnormalities and artifacts.
- Entitled to do an internship in the Netherlands.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
For internship opportunities at imec in Holst Centre, please visit the holst centre website: https://www.holstcentre.com/careers/thesis-opportunities/
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.
Please be advised that non-EU/EEA country students that are studying outside of the Netherlands, need to have a work-permit to be able to do an internship in the Netherlands.