Imec’s specialty component department is focused on doing research and development towards finding innovative and at the same time manufacturable solutions for our partners problems and ideas. This R&D work combines our expertise in silicon process technology with multidisciplinary activities ranging from material science, device design, circuit design, MEMS systems, optics and photonics systems, acoustic and photonic systems, microfluidic systems, thermal systems.
As part of this R&D activity we are also working closely together with our semiconductor equipment suppliers to develop key components for next generations tools. This collaboration can go from early concept studies and generating new and innovative ideas over development, early prototyping, all the way to producing actual parts that will go in the field.
Together with one of our key equipment suppliers we are starting up a new project to investigate a new MEMS based solution which will be key in achieving the required performance to enable semiconductor fabrication for the N3 and beyond generations.
What you will do
- As a system architect, you will oversee the development and maintenance of the overall system model-set. The system model-set should accurately predict the performances, limitations and interactions of the different building modules such that specifications can be derived for the design and implementation of these modules and such that development complexity is optimally distributed over the building modules.
- You will make sure that technical provisions are integrated in the development that enable manufacturability, testability and integration into the application.
- You will take ownership of the system design throughout the complete development cycle: from definition over implementation to testing and debugging of prototypes to finally bring the system to production. This means that you need to distribute and adapt system performance tolerances versus implementation limitations and manufacturing variations, this all along the development cycle. This to enable in a balanced, optimal way, the development of a system meeting the required performance in the time line given.
- You will work in close cooperation with experts of multiple disciplines to collect the necessary inputs for the system model-set and to build the model and to manage it throughout the development cycle.
- Translating a multiphysics problem to the s/z-domain and define the control loop(s) to achieve the target performance
- Setting up and validating new models for the environmental influences.
- Deriving the specifications for the system blocks.
- Defining the strategy to validate the system model
- Updating and calibrating the system model based on obtained results along the development phase.
- Manage tradeoffs between optimizations of the system blocks to come up with the best solution.
- Exploring novel system architecture in collaboration with multi-physics designers, ASIC architect and designers, nano-technology-process engineers, characterization engineers and algorithm developers
- Maintain awareness of recent developments in the field of multi-domain and multi-physics complex system simulations and simulator frameworks
- Generate and secure IP
- You will work in close relation with and report to the project manager for project matters.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree or several years of experience in the field of signal processing, control systems, optical systems, mechanical system and/or electrical systems. Experience in an industrial context is a plus.
- You have a strong experience with behavioral modelling tools and programming languages.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills to align all the main stakeholders at the technical level.
- You have excellent reporting skills and you can present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team. Fluency in English is essential. Occasional travel is part of the job.