Tape Out Support Engineer
What you will do
- As a tape-out support engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the world-class chip foundries (chip manufacturing plants) and our customers. After an extensive training by our team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of our customer’s chip designs. You follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- You check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by our international customers. You prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and assist the customer with final sign-off (‘go’ for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- During technical discussions with our customers, you support them in the sign-off process. You guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- You will assist the sales team in technical discussions.
- Finally, you have technical discussions with the production plants that manufacture the chips.
What we do for you
For more than 20 years, imec has been offering a prototyping and production service to companies, known as EUROPRACTICE. Imec helps customers to design chips and bring it to the prototype and production stage at top chip foundries. Imec gives customers specialized technical advice on design of chips and on packaging and testing. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Sciences (Electronics). Experience in IC design is not required but can be a plus.
- A strong interest in fabrication of chips and some experience in project-based work is needed for this job.
- You are client-oriented, flexible and like taking initiatives. You are proactive in customer support.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.