Technical Account Manager, ASICs
What you will do
The imec.link division of imec is responsible for providing access to advanced ASIC foundry technologies to Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) and to larger companies for which IC manufacturing is not a core competence. Imec.link provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, imec.link is expanding its operations in North America. The Technical Account Manager position will be responsible for developing imec.link’s business across North America. This position can be based in California or Texas.
- You will use your excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and will support and manage a portfolio of customers in this market.
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- Advise customers on their design methodology, EDA tool flow, provide PDK access.
- Advise customers on technology process selection, IP selection, performance and cost trade-offs
- Prepare project technical proposals
- Collaborate with our technical teams, foundry, package & test suppliers make customer projects successful
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- 10 years’ or more experience in ASIC design and technical support role, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must. Experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, test is strongly preferred, and you just love to keep up-to-date on the latest developments.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular travel up to 30% + within the US and 2-3 visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- You have excellent communication skills, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical, commercial function is a must.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Raffa Borzi.
If you want more information on the selection process, contact Colleen Donovan from the Talent Acquisition team.
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.