Venture Development Manager
What you will do
As Venture Development Manager, you boost venture projects to the market via a spin-off, a license deal or technology sale. You are responsible for helping to create the right environment and process to:
- Drive and inspire the submission of new venturing ideas into the venture funnel.
- Manage incubation of selected venturing ideas into a business opportunity by acting as the venture manager ad interim during the various stages of venture development.
- Successfully exit the venture project, creating a win-win situation for all involved stakeholders.
- Recognize promising ideas, establish win-win relations between ideas of different groups and encourage individuals to develop their ideas for entry into the venture funnel.
- Help to create excellent entrepreneurial teams for venture opportunities, identify high potentials for these teams inside and outside imec. You do this by extending and accessing the entrepreneurial network.
- Make sure the success factors of a scalable venture are well understood by the teams and applied to their case.
- Coach and mentor the teams to develop their business plans, get them selected by the investors and execute the plan.
- Help prepare the exit of the venture, and negotiate with the various stakeholders involved.
- Help create an environment where entrepreneurship is encouraged and developed.
- Establish partnerships with internal and external parties to promote new business ideas based on imec technologies.
- Liaise with public and private funds to help prepare funding for the new initiatives.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We appreciate your strong entrepreneurial, result-oriented spirit and ambitions and we value your background as a master in engineering or life sciences. We are looking forward to your strong entrepreneurial background in technology startups where you, preferably, have participated in a lead role in a technology startup. We think your demonstrated knowledge and experience of early-stage opportunities and translating technologies into businesses will be a great asset for us. We need your excellent negotiation skills for the challenging negotiation cycles with our various stakeholders that often have conflicting requirements. You are talented in technology development, intellectual property protection, patents and commercialization from discovery to development.
Because of your solid analytical skills, you can assess and understand the key attributes of technologies, products, markets and teams that lead to successful startup companies. We need your talent to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner. You demonstrate operational excellence, by taking actions, coordinating, driving and assisting decision processes and paying attention to detail. You possess strong verbal and written English communications skills and use this during presentations and your interactions with our customer and business.