We are present at booth 4423 with our offering on Spectral imaging, Metasurface Color Splitter, NIL, Si/SiN Photonics, Quantum dots, LiDAR and others.
- Designing high power lasers for on-chip solid state FMCW LiDAR - 28 January 2024 • 8:50 AM - 9:10 AM PST - Ruud Oldenbeuving
- Extended silicon photonics platform addressing bioimaging applications in the 1 µm wavelength range - 30 January 2024 • 11:15 AM - 11:30 AM PST - Mathias Berciano
- Tunable heterogeneous III-V-on-silicon-nitride mode-locked laser - 30 January 2024 • 2:20 PM - 2:40 PM PST - Maximilien Billet
- Microlens integration on photonic integrated circuits: a platform for achieving relaxed packaging tolerances and hybrid integration of external functionality - 30 January 2024 • 3:20 PM - 3:40 PM PST - Jeroen Missinne
Imec has 1 confirmed speaker in a plenary event:
- OPTO Plenary - 29 January 2024 • 8:00 AM - 10:10 AM PST | Moscone Center, Room 207/215 (Level 2 South) - 8:10 AM - 8:50 AM: Silicon photonics: the quest for sustainable growth by Roel Baets
Over the past 20 years silicon photonics has made a successful transition from academic research field to industrial ecosystem. Transceiver products thrive in the market. Industrial foundries offer mature process flows and PDKs. EDA-companies offer photonic IC design tools. Nevertheless, in many ways, silicon photonics is still a small niche field in the semiconductor industry. Meanwhile, both the research community and a multitude of start-up companies are preparing the next wave in silicon photonics, with scientific achievements and innovative products in a dozen new applications and markets, some of which may become large volume. The value proposition is clear. But the diversity of applications requires new functionalities and new – more heterogeneous - process flows. Will the business proposition follow and become sustainable?
Imec has 3 talks at the Industry event:
- Silicon-Nitride Based Photonics for Visible-Light Bio Applications - January 28th - 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM PST | Moscone Center, Expo Stage, Hall DE (Exhibit Level) - by Pol Van Dorpe, Fellow Life Sciences
- Metasurface Color Splitters for Highly Efficient Image Sensors - 31 January 2024 - 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM PST | Moscone Center, Expo Stage, Hall DE (Exhibit Level) - by Robert Gehlhaar, Principal Member of Technical Staff
- Quantum Computing, A Strategic Technology Enabled by Photonics - February 1st - 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM PST | Moscone Center, Expo Stage, Hall DE (Exhibit Level) - by Saurav Kumar, Business Development Manager
Would you like to have a meeting with us at the conference on one of these topics, please contact us.
Join the world’s largest photonics technologies event. Learn the most cutting-edge research in biomedical optics, biophotonics, industrial lasers, optoelectronics, microfabrication, MOEMS-MEMS, displays, quantum technologies, and more.