Our portfolio includes millimeter wave phased array transceivers, record-breaking ADCs, reconfigurable low-noise frequency synthesizers, tunable duplexers, and more. Our solutions cover the entire spectrum of wireless communication, ranging from LTE to 5G.
Covering the entire spectrum from LTE to 5G
We deliver solutions for the following communication technologies:
- Mm wave wireless communication such as compact, extremely energy-efficient 60GHz radios for 5G outdoor wireless connectivity and indoor mm wave access.
- Multi-standard ultra-low power radios for WiFi and WiGig connectivity in the Internet of Things. Our radio architectures achieve record-breaking performance and power efficiency, boosting throughput and battery life.
- Cellular communication with breakthrough designs for high performance, compact, power efficient and reconfigurable radio architectures.
5G and Internet-of-things communications
At imec, we are in the process of developing both ultra-low-power radios for IoT sensors to communicate to the network, cellular and WiFi radio as well as 60GHz communications for high speed data transfer.
mm-Wave wireless communication
Discover more about mm-wave wireless communication solutions developed and licensed by imec.
Multi-standard ultra-low power IoT and 5G radios
Discover more about the multi-standard, ultra-low power radios being developed by imec for IoT applications.
Cellular and WiFi communication
Find out more about imec’s development of scalable radios for LTE and WiFi.
Power Model for Wireless Base Stations
Wireless base stations currently consume more than 80 percent of the total mobile network power and this number will only rise with increases in data traffic and support of new services for 5G and the Internet of Things.
How can we help you?
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Student project: Large scale ranging and localization
Study and to evaluate the ranging and localization schemes for large scale wireless network.
Software Developer on Prototyping of Future Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G Technologies
The IDLab research group of imec is looking for a software developer position on prototyping of future Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G technologies
Process Integration Engineer
Develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms in non-CMOS technologies!
Perform library design and layout from specification to documentationMore job opportunities
What can we do for you?
- Our industrial affiliation program (IIAP) connects you with imec’s global partner ecosystem including leading EDA and IP vendors and commercial foundries, enabling you to share costs and lower risk through collaborative and precompetitive research.
Why work with us?
- We are a world-recognized center-of-excellence with an extensive IP portfolio in low-power chip design, mm-wave IC and antenna design, advanced signal processing and data science techniques.
Shorten your time-to-market through our offering in white box IP (intellectual property) licenses that includes technology transfer, training, support.