Geert Langereis, PhD, Program Manager, Health Research
Medical wearables are the next big thing. History will show that FitBit and Apple Watch are just the early primitive devices, and that the next wave of smart medical wearables will revolutionize healthcare and dramatically improve quality of life.
What are the next-generation medical wearable technologies? What are the most promising use cases and applications? What are the main challenges right now? What’s on the roadmap of the leading companies and R&D groups? These are the key questions that will drive the discussion at this annual conference.
The future is bright for medical wearables -- we invite you to attend this conference to identify emerging technology and application trends, exchange ideas, form new companies, and network with your industry peers!
- Wearable device trends, competitive forces and dynamics, market drivers, emerging applications, and disruptive technologies
- Emerging types of wearable sensors, materials, and smart fabrics
- Business trends, market projections, M&A developments, and startup activity
- Wearable device applications for medical diagnostics and screening
- Flexible, stretchable, printed, and hybrid electronics
- Connectivity, sensor fusion, body area networks, software algorithms, contextual awareness, virtual sensors, data transmission, and processing
- Fabrication, packaging, and assembly techniques
- Ultra-low power systems and components, energy harvesters, micro batteries and energy storage, supercapacitors, and power management solutions
- Government policy effects, regulatory compliance, security
- Impacts of enabling technologies such as genomics, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality for medical wearables applications
- Digital health, “quantified self” movement, and usage paid insurance
- Technology transfer, ecosystems and hubs, company formation