3D Integration Engineer
What you will do
- Your mission as an Integration engineer in the 3D integration team will be to define the integration flows for 3D stacking of devices.
A wide range of applications (memory-on-memory, logic-on-memory, imager stacking, Low Temperature devices, ...) are the target scope within the 3D program and bilateral projects. You will define the test vehicles related to the specific project(s) you will be integrating.
- As member of the 3D integration team, you are responsible for a streamlined project execution by interacting with your colleague integration engineers and process assistants but also with the device design, characterization, process development, metrology and defectivity engineers. You will be responsible for defining and implementing the process splits in the process flows.
- You will follow-up on the processing of test material, collect and analyze performance data. You report results both internally as well as to customers. You will be supported in your task by a process assistant, but will be expected to take when required a significant hands on role within the clean room.
- You keep your level of scientific know-how up to date and benchmarks imec’s expertise and performance in your competence domain with the rest of the world.
- You regularly report to your team leader, program manager, program director or to the customers on progress and results as well as on new opportunities.
- Good communication and interaction within the 3D Technology department as well as with the CMOS technology department and Fab operations unit, is a major requirement for this job.
- You will represent Imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of competence.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions
- You will operate from imec’s HQ located close to Brussels in the heart of Europe.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD or Master degree, preferably combined with some relevant industrial experience (semiconductor process technology and packaging technology).
- 2+ years of experience in semiconductor processing or integration.
- Experience in 3D integration and metrology/defectivity is a major advantage.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences, seminars).
- You are an enthusiastic team player with project management capabilities. You can complete your tasks in time with minimal supervision.
- You have good English communication skills.
- You are willing to work in a highly competitive and multicultural environment.