What you will do
As compliance specialist you will be part of the privacy and healthcare compliance office of imec located in Antwerp and Leuven. This compliance office is responsible for the roll out and maintaining of the privacy program and the healthcare compliance program at imec. This team gives advice and support on privacy and healthcare compliance related topics to the different projects and divisions at imec and is responsible for the compliance of imec with the privacy and healthcare regulations.
Your responsibilities as a compliance specialist include:
- Monitor and maintain the privacy program of imec.
- Assist the different teams across imec with advice to increase the level of compliance with the privacy regulations. This can include both technical and non-technical advice related to privacy topics as well as advice on a specific privacy issue.
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of the procedures, processes and control measures regarding compliance with the privacy regulations. You make suggestions for improvement.
- Take new initiatives in the context of the privacy program to elevate the level of compliancy. You draw up action plans for these initiatives and ensure the necessary follow-up and support in the roll out process.
- Follow up on the new elements and trends relating to privacy and incorporate them into the privacy program of imec.
- Participate in building and stimulating a privacy compliance awareness within imec. This means that you are also responsible for stimulating a culture in which risk management and compliance are embedded in the performance of each employee's activities.
- Advise and support the organization with healthcare compliance related topics in the context of clinical studies.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly-motivated person with the following assets:
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in the field of privacy, including two years of significant experience in the GDPR.
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance in the context of clinical studies is considered a strong plus.
- You are a team player and work structured and accurate.
- You are a proactive, dynamic and hands-on initiative-taker.
- You have excellent communication skills and you can communicate compliance related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at every level of the organization.
- You have integrity, you are diplomatic and assertive, and able to convince people.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.