MEMS Product Design Expert
What you will do
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s research activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators. As a senior designer expert, you will collaborate closely with the system, process technology, and ASIC teams to develop new devices until their productization. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
In this job, your main activities will be:
- You will drive novel MEMS system design in existing technologies and technologies under development. More specifically, the team is working on new MEMS system composed of actuators and sensors, which needs to reach extremely challenging accuracy in extreme environment. Your job will be to drive the design towards a product in several years.
- You will be responsible for the organization, planning, technical steering, risk assessment and mitigation of the associated MEMS design and characterization activities, in close alignment with the overall project leader
- You will participate to the characterization and analysis of the designed MEMS devices.
- You will participate and drive the productization phase (test/reliability) of the designed devices
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering
- You have more than 5 years of relevant experience in MEMS product design.
- Profound experience in MEMS industry is a must.
- You have proven experience in MEMS modeling. In particular, in modeling complex MEMS system and robustness analysis for productization
- You are organized and you can structure a complex project. Experience in project leading is an asset.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to project schedules
- You take initiative and can work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.