Patent Information Officer
What you will do
- defining the scope of the search request, for all type of technical (patent) searches,
- interpreting these requests for technical (patent) information,
- defining a search strategy to obtain optimal results,
- searching, finding, analyzing the relevant technical (patent) information,
- analyzing the obtained search results and report them in a synoptic, concise manner.
- train imec employees in using publicly available patent and scientific literature databases to support their research activities,
- be in contact with external technical (patent) information suppliers,
- follow the latest developments in the field of patent and scientific literature information databases.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
- You have a master’s in applied or exact sciences in the field of physics, electronics, telecommunication or software. With this knowledge you will be able to do searches on electronic design and systems, wireless communication and semiconductor components.
- If you have experience with patents or you took a course with this topic, you have a plus, but this is no requirement.
- You like to read about the above-mentioned technologies in specialized databases.
- You work accurately and in a structured way.
- You can focus and have good analytical skills.
- You are an enthusiastic team player, but you can work independently and take initiative.
- You have strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- You have a thorough knowledge of English and Dutch.
- You are located in Belgium.
- You are willing to attend training related to patent search strategy and tools, e.g. by attending external training.