Antwerp University - imec IDLab Antwerp Research group
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
What you will do
- You develop software for research projects in the field of artificial intelligence. You contribute to the development of research environments (e.g., simulators, data acquisition and processing, front-end) and demonstrators.
- You take the lead in the further development of IDLab's Open Source Distributed Uniform STreaming (DUST) framework. This framework facilitates deployment of distributed applications in heterogeneous hardware environments, shielding the application from the complexity of the underlying network. Depending on the requirements originating from research projects, you add new functionality to the Core framework of DUST. You are also responsible for the follow-up of the online open-source community and the development of new modules and plug-ins. You support researchers in using the framework.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of the private cloud and the services used for education and research.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s or preferably Master of Science degree in (applied) Engineering Electronics-ICT, (applied) Informatics or equivalent.
- You have knowledge/experience with software engineering. Experience with build tools (e.g., CMake) and CI/CD are a plus.
- You are fluent in modern C++, Java, and Python programming.
- You have basic understanding of relational and document-based database systems.
- You have experience with Unix-like operating systems and container services such as Docker & Kubernetes.
- You have experience with using machine learning, preferably reinforcement learning, and knowledge of deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience with participating in national and/or international research & development projects, and/or contribution to open-source communities is an advantage.
- You are a proactive problem solver, team player and have strong communication skills.
- You take ownership of your work.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
Questions concerning the position can also be sent to Siegfried.firstname.lastname@example.org.