Strategic Partnerships Manager, Fabless
We are looking for a savvy strategic partnerships manager to grow imec’s business strategy in North America. As part of the business team, you will establish and develop strategic relationships with new and existing partners for imec's fabless business and capture opportunities to disrupt markets by leveraging the most advanced silicon technology in the world. Additionally, you will be highly collaborative with our headquarters (Leuven, Belgium).
This role is hybrid and ideally located in the Bay Area, CA or another location strategic to this industry. Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30 percent.
What you will do
- Develop strategies for new North America market growth, focused on creation and management of strategic partnerships in the space semiconductor system and fabless companies
- Identify key target customers and stakeholders at targeted companies and engage with prospects.
- Drive discussion with partners from discovery to a business opportunity.
- Collaborate with internal (business, engineering) teams, to support the engagement process with the partner during the creation of proposals and negotiation of contracts.
- Understanding and communicating critical customer needs during this process to support a successful engagement and start of partnership.
- Build strategic account plans to continually find new opportunities to strengthen customer relationships and partnerships, to grow IMEC business across key accounts, driving significant revenue
- Develop strong executive-level relationships with decision-makers to understand their needs and to identify new business opportunities, including regular communication and visits.
- Work with minimal supervision; proactively escalate issues when unable to resolve on own
- Expand imec’s footprint in the US, targeting specific industries via marketing-related activities such as attending and presenting at conferences and joining networking groups and events relevant to the fabless system semiconductor industry.
What we do for you
As a Strategic Partnership Manager at imec, you will represent a
prestigious global research institution. You will have the opportunity to learn
about innovations and to contribute technology roadmaps. You will represent an
organization that builds industry partnerships with the goal of making positive
societal impacts. You will interact with C-level decision makers and some of
the brightest minds from around the world to build collaborations that shape
the future by leveraging imec’s research capabilities and advancements. This
position offers flexibility, an opportunity to work in an international
culture, and continuous learning.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an
ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive
and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take
initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will
determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your
colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer you an attractive
compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with
employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- Master’s or PhD in engineering or
related fields (preferably in computer engineering
or electronics) combined with strong interest in semiconductor technology.
- Have at least three years of combined
experience of establishing long-term R&D partnerships, account management,
or business development with system companies.
- Ideally, possess an
established network including C-level and senior VP-level contacts with fabless
- Able to think
strategically to assess and understand the strategic value of customer
relationships, effectively partner, and negotiate.
organizational, planning, communication, and analytical skills.
- Possess strong
listening and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written presentation
- A keen interest in
learning about and speaking compellingly about advanced technology within the
function of this role.
- Proven track record of
building positive working relationships across multiple departments and
- Understands and
embraces the importance of both internal and external personal relationships;
able to develop positive relationships with customers and partners.
- Team player with a
- Knowledge in photonics,
packaging and memory applied to segments like Data center, AI and AR-VR is a
- Eligible to work in the