Student project: Performance Evaluation of Hardware Efficient LDPC Decoders for IR-UWB
What you will do
- Understanding the preliminaries of the IR-UWB data communication system and being acquainted with the IR-UWB packet simulator. (~2 weeks).
- Literature survey on different architectures for Hardware efficient LDPC decoders (~4 weeks).
- Log-likelihood ratio (LLR) computation for the IR-UWB communication system (~2 weeks).
- Implementing the encoding and the SP and min-sum decoders and their variants and comparing the performance for the floating point (~7 weeks).
- Evaluate the approximated decoders for the Fix-point implementation using look-up table based LLR computations (~6 weeks).
- Tuning the fix-point decoders for various system parameters (~4 weeks).
- Report or Thesis preparation (~8 weeks).
What we do for you
You will be working on cutting-edge research on a topic that is relevant to both academic research and industrial applications. To help you in this journey, we offer a flexible environment where you can be the leader of your own research while at the same time having support of experts from signal processing and systems design to complete your tasks. As part of the IoT team in IMEC-Netherlands you will have opportunities to learn from some of the best minds in analog and digital circuits as well as other research domains. Imec NL provides a monthly internship allowance during the internship.
Who you are
- You are a MSc/BSc student in Electrical Engineering.
- You are available for a period of 8 months (6 months of work/2 months of thesis preparation).
- You have basic knowledge of digital communication and signal processing – preferably with project experience.
- Preferably you are familiar with channel coding concept and/or LDPC codes.
- You are familiar with system-modelling in MATLAB and Python.
- You are entitled to do an internship in the Netherlands.
- You are self-starter and able to work independently.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Does this project sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Got some questions about the recruitment process? Marsha Loomans of the Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to assist you.