The IMEC team in Eindhoven and Leuven have developed a technology for assessment of vascular health based on the Imecs breakthrough piezo micromachined ultrasound transducer (pmut) technology. They have solid academic knowledge, patented methods and algorithms and proof-of-concepts for a medical device that will enable the assessment of vascular health based on a simple fully non-invasive measurement during pre-symptomatic preventive assessment as well as diagnostic and therapeutic follow-up at the general practitioner, screening center or cardiology department in a hospital. To further develop and commercialize this technology, imec is exploring the creation of a new spin-off company in the Netherlands. For this venture-backed start-up, we are looking for an entrepreneurial CEO with a background in the business of medical devices for cardio-diagnostics in primary care channels and hospitals.
What you will do
- You will be the co-founder of the spin-off, teaming up with the technical co-founders and being in charge of the business strategy and execution.
- Define and execute the company strategy towards the successful development and commercialization of the medical device for screening, diagnosis and therapy on vascular diseases in primary care and hospital channel.
- Leverage your broad network in primary and secondary healthcare provider communities and companies to translate the customers’ needs into product specifications that drive the development roadmap. Identify new business opportunities and develop strategic partnerships if required.
- Work in close co-operation with the technical team to build and execute the product development roadmap by a.o. defining the business model and the go-to-market strategy and ensuring alignment of short-term and long-term objectives; oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Close deals with the first paying customers and/or partners.
- Identify and attract key resources to build a high-performing and ambitious team and ensure the full engagement of the team for company success.
- Assembling an advisory board with the key opinion leaders in the fields relevant for the business.
- Develop an exciting yet realistic business plan, raise the necessary funds and manage the P&L of the company.
- Build trust relations with customers, key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company and use it to help the company evolve, pivot and grow.
Who you are
- You are an enthusiastic entrepreneurial CEO or business lead with proven experience in building or managing medical device business towards primary care stakeholders as well as specialistic KOL’s, by preference with a background in cardiovascular field and with experience in the regulatory and reimbursement area.
- You have an academic degree in biomedical engineering, business management or similar expertise by professional experience.
- You possess outstanding organizational and leadership skills with proven experience in driving a talented team to reach its targets within the set timing and available budget.
- You have experience with fundraising (from venture capitalists and/or grants).
- You are an excellent communicator and have strong public speaking skills. You can articulate the company strategy into a comprehensible storyline for non-experts.
- You have had international exposure and experience in working with customers and partners in different geographies.
- You are familiar with diverse business functions such as sales, marketing, finance, IP, etc. Hands-on experience with these functions is a plus.
- Previous experience with medtech and digital health innovation is a plus
- You are based or willing to be based in the Netherlands (and you are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands) with potential to operate in hybrid mode (on-site and partial remote) and willing to travel when needed (estimated 20-30% of the time).
For more information about this position contact Mario Huyghe (firstname.lastname@example.org)