What you will do
You will work inside a dynamic team dedicated to the library development (core and IO) and the analog full custom design (DSFCL team). Your mission will consist in the development of new libraries in various technologies nodes from planar CMOS to FinFET. The development of libraries includes the circuits design, layout, characterization and generation of front-end and back-end views. Most of the libraries developed by the DSFCL team are dedicated to space project and must thus be hardened against the total ionizing dose (TID) and against single event effect (SEE) due to heavy ions strike.
In this job, your main responsibilities will be:
- Design core/io libraries (schematic and layout)
- Characterization of libraries to generate Front-End and Back-End views
- Library data generation and validation (releases)
- Release/Calibre/Char flow maintenance
- Library/project data management and versioning
- Support full-custom cell replacement
- Documentation (user guide) writing
What we do for you
Imec is not only one of the world's leading nanotechnology research organizations but is also one of the most advanced and comprehensive design services partners. Imec's IC-link division has an extensive industrial experience that makes it a trusted partner to provide technical support in the areas of layout, prototyping, fabrication, and the testing of advanced electronic products. Imec IC-link’s full custom analog and library design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with library design and analog implementation services and is developing radiation hardened IC building blocks for use in a.o. space missions and high-energy physics experiments.We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in electronics or equivalent with 2-5 years’ of industrial experience.
- You are well organized and proactive.
- You manage priorities and organize your work efficiently.
- You are familiar with Cadence tools (schematic entry, layout entry, spectre...), with Calibre (LVS, DRC, ERC...), and/or verilog.
- Some experience with liberate is a nice to have.
- You are familiar with scripting language (skill, shell, python/perl, tcl, makefile ...) and with versioning tool like svn.