What you will do
Our teams install, maintains and optimizes the performance of the most advanced tools in the world, which imec uses to develop the next generation of chips. Sooner than expected, you will get a lot of autonomy to plan and execute your work. While growing in your role, you will work on increasingly challenging repairs and optimizations.
The FAB Engineering department, consisting of over 150 employees, is a part of the beating heart of our research institute, which is specialized in nano-electronics that develops technological solutions for ICT, healthcare, and energy applications.
- You will be in charge of the installation, preventive maintenance, and repair and optimization of the process equipment. In collaboration with the manufacturers you will set up improvement projects, which you evaluate afterwards.
- You look for opportunities to improve the efficiency and reduce the cost of maintaining the machines, without impacting their quality and availability.
- You are a point of contact for technical questions about your equipment, and you perform first analyses if necessary to answer those questions.
- You help to install new process equipment and make sure the technical warehouse has enough spare parts and consumable resources.
- For all the above, you collaborate closely with the engineers of the equipment manufacturers and with your fellow process engineers.
- You make sure the measurement data ends up in the correct location.
You work in a shift system (alternating between an early/late shift and one weekend out of three).
You also have to know this: imec is an internationally pioneering R&D center. We collaborate with all the big electronics companies to find out how the chips of the future can be made. Key in this is our extremely advanced pilot production line for chips, which contains the process equipment you will work on. On this advanced equipment, we test our production processes. Only if those production processes work optimally and are stable, they will be transferred to the real chip factories.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Electromechanics or mechanics) or equivalent through technical experience.
- We are looking for people with a first similar experience and motivated starters.
- You have a passion for advanced technology and equipment, with extensive technical knowledge of pneumatics, pumps, motors, electronics and (electro)mechanics.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get down to business.
- You are a team player, but you can also plan and organize your work autonomously and you like to take initiative.
- In our international environment, you feel at home and speak English and Dutch fluently.
- Your experience and background are important, but we find your potential and ambition to grow even more interesting. If you hesitate to apply because you don't meet all the criteria, remember that imec can help you grow in your role with our training.