Information Security Specialist
What you will do
In order to further strengthen our security team, imec is looking for an Information Security Specialist.
As an Information Security Specialist, your responsibilities include:
- Support the Information Security Officer implementing imec’s information security strategy.
- Support the development, implementation and communication of domain specific information security policies, processes & procedures.
- Acting as a liaison between imec’s Security Office and imec business units on information security matters.
- Contribute to creating a security culture within imec through projects with our security ambassador community and leading by example.
- Train and educate imec workforce on information security matters.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with:
- 3 years or more experience in information security management, either in a similar role or as a consultant.
- Knowledge of international standards and frameworks with regards to information and cyber security such as the ISO 27000 series and NIST 800 series of standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of security processes, technologies and architecture
- The capability to translate information security risks and requirements in business language.
A pro-active attitude & the ability to think outside of the box.
Furthermore, your skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with diverse audiences.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- The ability to be an enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background.