Patent Portfolio Manager
What you will do
Building a patent portfolio to support imec’s business!
You help building, with the colleagues in your patent team, a strategic and business relevant patent portfolio in support of imec’s Semiconductor Technologies and Systems (STS) unit. Within time, you will have the opportunity to grow in the job and to address imec’s need for patent counselling.
- You work closely with researchers and their management to identify and to encourage business-relevant inventions.
- You assess the patentability of these inventions and their fit in imec’s patent portfolio’s.
- When a search for patent information is needed, you cooperate with your patent information officer to obtain the relevant patent information.
- You will help your team leader in drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications in several countries, thereby instructing and cooperating with local patent agents.
- Within time you may draft and prosecute your own patent applications and manage your own patent portfolio.
- With your patent administration officer, you ensure that all corresponding data is correctly docketed in imec’s IP management software to ensure correct prosecution and to allow reporting to imec’s management.
- Within time, you may enjoy considerable autonomy in managing your patent portfolio and advising management on R&D and valorisation activities based on patent information.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You want to use your physics, electronics and/or electrical engineering background (MSc degree or PhD).
- You have a genuine passion for technology and innovation, with interest in business.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights, especially patents, is considered a strong plus.
- You are willing to follow an extensive training (on-the-job, classroom) in line with your knowledge and experience, to obtain a profound understanding of patent law.
- You combine this with good analytical skills.
- You work accurately and in a structured way.
- You can cope with a high work pace and handling deadlines efficiently.
- You can work independently and take initiative.
- You are motivated to achieve the best results.
- You are an enthusiastic team player and liaise in a constructive way with researchers and R&D managers, also on technical and business-related topics.
- You have effective communication skills, both orally and written.
- You have a thorough knowledge of English, both orally and written.
- Knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus.