Team Leader for Flat Optic Systems
What you will do
We are looking for a dynamic profile to lead our Flat Optic Systems (FOS) team. Someone with a strong background in the field, but especially also someone with a passion for people who will guide the growth of team members and amplify their potential. The FOS team leverages imec‘s advanced manufacturing capabilities such as extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography and advanced materials to work on optical systems containing for example color directors, gratings, optical guides and meta lenses. The team targets various application domains such as display, AR/VR, imaging and more.
In this job, your main tasks will be:
- Coach and follow-up team members, setting goals and encouraging growth
- Manage the team resources to plan and staff ongoing and future projects
- Look for ways to increase the impact and outreach of the team
- Ensure the operational, and technical excellence of the team
- Help solve technical problems regarding design or characterization
- Identifying and hiring of new team members
- Interact and align with the group and department leadership
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- a PhD in engineering, optics, physics or equivalent, or 5 years of directly relevant experience in a research/industrial environment
- Experience in leading and managing a technical team
- Good resource planning skills and project planning skills
- Experience with optical and photonic modeling and simulation approaches, and typical tools such as Lumerical FDTD
- Experience in the field of photonics and optics, ideally with regards applications fields such meta lens, AR/VR, imaging, etc.
- Experience with measurement techniques and characterization of performance of optical components
- Good communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent reporting skills and can present technical and non-technical results and choices clearly and concisely
- The ability to easily integrate into a cross-functional, culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.