Following Moore’s law, the compute power of logic chips and the capacity of memory have been scaling exponentially over the past few decades. As a result, demand for I/O bandwidth is following a similar exponential trend, soon requiring in the order of Terabyte-per-second I/O aggregate bandwidth.
Join our industrial affiliation program on advanced optical I/O to explore and enable future system-level performance scaling using fully CMOS-compatible silicon-based optical links for datacom network, backplane, board, interposer and chip-level interconnects.
In particular, our research comprises:
1. System level studies
• Optical I/O system roadmaps
• Optical link architecture and benchmarking
2. Si Photonics Integration Technology
• Silicon-based Photonic Integration Platform (PIC)
• High performance Si Photonics devices
• Yield, Reliability Assessment
3. Packaging and Assembly
• CMOS to Si Photonics 3-D integration
• Laser on Si Photonics hybrid integration
• Fiber connectivity to the package/chip
4. System Demonstrators & Benchmarking
• CMOS TxRx circuit optimization for optical ICs
• Silicon prototypes for proof of concept
5. Exploratory Devices and Materials
• Explore novel devices and materials beyond Si: monolithic III-V, advanced Ge(Si),
graphene and others
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
ICT Cloud Expert
Imec is looking for a Cloud Expert who loves and understands Cloud Infrastructure & Management. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and will maintain knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
Automatisatie ingenieur gasdetectie
Als automatisatie ingenieur gasdetectie ben je, samen met jouw collega´s, verantwoordelijk voor zowel het operationeel beheer als verschillende uitdagende projecten die de groei en noden van IMEC kan ondersteunen.
Researcher Large Area MEMS
Development of MEMS devices for ultrasound or microfluidics applications
Strategic Partnership Manager, Bioelectronics, East
The Strategic Partnership Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strategic relationships with imec’s technology research partners.More job opportunities